Open Value Network is a model for commons-based peer production. It allows individuals and organizations to
- co-create value through large-scale coordination, cooperation and collaboration,
- distribute this value where it is needed, and
- if revenue is generated, to redistribute it to all the contributors, in proportion to their contributions.
The model embraces the basic principles behind a peer-to-peer (p2p) economy.
- peer production - the collaborative production of use value is open to participation and use to the widest possible number (as defined by Yochai Benkler, in his essay Coase's Penguin);
- peer governance - production or project is governed by the community of producers themselves, not by market allocation or corporate hierarchy;
- peer property - the use-value of property is freely accessible on a universal basis; peer services and products are distributed through new modes of property, which are not exclusive, though recognize individual authorship (i.e. the GNU General Public License or the Creative Commons licenses).
The open value network model relies on p2p practices and is building a p2p infrastructure. An open value network is a general model that can be implemented under different forms, adapted to specific contexts. See more on What is an open value network?
The model was first proposed, developed and implemented by SENSORICA affiliates. SENSORICA was created in February 2011. Initially, the model evolved from the Discovery Network model proposed by Tibi in 2009-2010. Between 2011 and 2012, the model drew from the work of Verna Allee, Yochai Benkler, Michel Bauwens, Clay Shirky, and others. After the summer of 2012, the value accounting and distributed resource management system was heavily influenced by Bob Haugen who has been working in this area since 1995.
 Important sections
- Economic model
- Theoretical background - living systems
 Interesting papers
 Examples of open value networks
Discuss about open value networks on:
- Value Network on G+
- SENSORICA Facebook page
- P2P Facebook page
- P2P Foundation on Ning
- Value Network forum
 Important categories
- Category:Temporal issues
- Category:Value exchange
- Category:Customer service
- Category:Value Accounting System (VAS)