OVNi stands for Open Value Network infrastructure.
Working definition of infrastructure - a coherent set of tools that support the healthy function of a beneficial system. The infrastructure integrates everything from supply chain to distribution and customer relationships management.
NOTE: we are exploring block chain technology and we are constantly looking for individuals with skills in this field. The SENSORICA Montreal lab, which is at the origine of the OVN model, moved in the same building with the Bitcoin Embassy in December 2015. The Bitcoin embassy is a very important hub for the development of block chain applications. Contact Jim from SENSORICA to know more. SENSORICA documents efforts for transition in THIS folder.
Development of a framework for resource management, value accounting and project management on
See an evolving prototype here.
After the spring of 2014, a new group was formed mostly based in Europe to work on a OVN infrastructure based on semantic web and linked data. See OuiShare labs/Value Networks
Other organizations that adhere to the OVN model can be found at [www.ovn.space OVN.space]
Other branches of the NRP There are now five versions of NRP:
- the original, which Sensorica is using now.
- the Freedom Coop fork, integrates Faircoin:
- the GoPacifia fork of the Freedom Coop fork:
- Chris Troutner's fork of the Sensorica version:
- Bob and Lynn fork of the Freedom Coop fork - development
The P2PValue project made a comprehensive study about commons-based peer production networks in order to extract basic, high level design requirements for IT infrastructure to support their activities. Their results came out in 2016.
- Open Value Network Infrastructure Google Group,
- Open Value Network G+ Community
Also, watch SENSORICA meetings on Infrastructure see SENSORICA's Youtube channel and search for "infrastructure meeting".
You want to get involved?
An open value network is modeled as a living system. Its infrastructure design emerges for optimal performance in terms of creativity, productivity, synchronicity, quality assurance, responsiveness, adaptability... and any other explicit objectives. The open value network must also respond to ethical requirements (see the Ethos page, see solidarity mechanisms).
The infrastructure of an OVN is mainly a flow infrastructure. It allows resources to be used in different contexts by network affiliates (agents), while taking into consideration different property rights of these resources, their respective use access rules, and the rules that govern the rewards after use. Network affiliates use resources in different contexts, called projects.
Maps of the Infrastructure
- latest map on the general layout (high level)
- remap the infrastructure on metamaps.cc
- an alternative map of the infrastructure
- OVN Protocols Conversation
- Bob's - OVN-OS architecture layout for an open value network node
- Bob's - OVN-OS internetworking protocol, for network to network interaction
- Paul's flow architecture]
See SENSORICA's development of the Open Alliance, which is a growing integrated and fractal open value network to which we apply the idea of networks of networks.
List of modules
The following tree representation is inadequate. Think of it as a list. All the components are mapped more precisely in the Maps above.
- Individual profile
- Value system
- Process management
- Innovation tools
- Self organization
- Legal framework
- Labonline network - collaboration spaces
- Search system
- Dynamic transfer of responsibility