From Value Network
Revision as of 16:44, February 2, 2016 by TiberiusB
The custodian is a legal entity that acts as a trust for the OVN.
Roles for the custodian
- Implement the nondominium form of property
- Take on the legal liability for the use of material assets by affiliates in the OVN. (Ex. pays insurance for the use of spaces, tools and equipment, and consumable materials).
- Legal owner of important assets used by the OVN's affiliates, manages shared assets. These assets can be material (space, equipment), or immaterial (websites, logos).
- Financial instrument for network affiliates, offering fiscal sponsorship services.
- Referee for the OVN, balancing governance between OVN affiliates and other peripherial legal entities like Ecxhange firms, or external legal entities.
Obligations for the custodian
- Must respect a charter provided by the affiliates of the OVN, which specifies how assets should be managed and used.
- Cede all assets to another entity in case the OVN affiliates decide to revoke the role of custodianship
Types of custodian
- network custodian - concerned with assets (material or immaterial) that are shared across the network.
- project custodian - the scope is limited to one project, which is considered as an autonomous unit.
- casual custodian - the scope is limited to a particular asset, ex. someone "owning" a Facebook account for the network.
Examples of custodians
- network custodian: for SENSORICA see ACES-CAKE
- casual custodian: for SENSORICA / virtual infrastructure modules, see Tibi's example.